Hi Friends! Hope your week is off to a great start! It’s been rainy and dreary here, but that hasn’t slowed down the Christmas fun. My oldest and youngest both had Christmas programs that were oh so cute and our Elf, Snowflake, has been up to all kinds of mischief! Christmas cards are finally trickling in…Yay! It’s definitely feeling a lot like Christmas…and I’m loving every minute of it!
Today, I’m participating in a really fun Stocking blog hop today with Expressions Vinyl and a few other bloggers…We were all challenged to create a project with a stocking theme…There’s a sneak peek at the bottom of this post with a giveaway! Woohoo! My boys love having special Christmas touches in their bedrooms, so I thought it would be fun to make them each a personalized pillow…If I was sneakier, I would have had our Elf deliver them since they kind of resemble Elf stockings…
Here’s what you need…
- An assortment of heat transfer vinyl from Expressions Vinyl
- Canvas drop cloth
- patterned fabric for pillow backing
- sewing machine, iron, & scissors
I used my Cricut Explore to design a stocking with a monogram. I chose a stocking I liked and used the font ‘base camp’. There are quite a few stockings to choose from, so choose the one you like best!
I cut the canvas drop cloth and patterned fabric the same size square. I chose to make mine 12 inch square pillows and cut the fabric at 13 inches to allow for seams. I chose to stitch the pillow together before adding the vinyl image as seen here. Make sure to leave an opening at the bottom to add filling.
Here’s the layout of the red stocking… I ironed each layer separately starting with the stocking…I covered the plastic with a lightweight tea towel in between the iron and plastic. Then the topper…and finally the monogram and tack. Then, I hand stitched a little bell to the toe of the stocking, filled the pillow with fiberfill and stitched up the bottom of the pillow…
Over at the Expressions Vinyl Facebook Page they are having a rock your stockings contest! People can upload a picture of a stocking they fancied up using vinyl! And they asked some of their favorite bloggers to get the ball rolling with some fun ideas! (You can enter to win a gift card–but I also have a gift card for $100 to Expressions Vinyl at the bottom of this post! )Here are 18 fun stocking ideas that all have Heat transfer vinyl on them!
1. Faux wool sock from Fynes Design
2. Personalized stockings from Maybe I will
3. Gift card holder from 733 blog
4. Customized stocking from Artsy Fartsy mama
5. Stocking tag from Strawberry Mommy Cakes
6. Stocking pillow from One Krieger chick
7. Stocking shirt from Pitter and Glink
8. Stocking banner by Sugar Bee crafts
9. Boy Scout stocking from mm scrap shoppe
10. No sew from Holy craft
11. Personalized Pajamas from Ginger snap crafts
12. Diy Stockings from Mabey she made it
13. Stocking with car from Kiki Comin
14.Personalized stockings from Craftily ever after
15. Burlap Joy stocking from A girl and a glue gun
16. stocking placecard from Crafting in the rain
17. Scandinavian inspired stocking from Tried and true
18. cute stocking from Flamingo Toes
Make sure to enter to win $100 gift card to Expressions Vinyl! Good Luck!