Hi there! Happy Monday! Hope you all have a great weekend! My boys are out of school for the day and we are headed to the pumpkin patch…Should be a fun day. I’ll probably share the fun on Instagram if you want to check it out. While I’m off having fun with my crazy little boys, you are all in for a treat here on the blog…
I’m participating in a super fun Popcorn Box Blog Hop with a bunch of other bloggers. We were all given a plain popcorn box to transform with a Halloween theme…After you read all about mine, be sure to visit the others showcased at the end of the post. There may even be an Awesome giveaway!
One of my favorite candies this time of year is candy corn, so I transformed my box into a Candy Corn Treat Box full of a yummy Caramel Popcorn Party Mix. First, I’ll share how I made the box…then, the recipe. It’s worth the wait!
You’ll need the following supplies: Popcorn Box, Cardstock paper in white (2 sheets), yellow, and orange, orange and/or yellow ribbon, adhesive, hole punch, and scissors.
Cover the box with white cardstock. Use a pencil to trace the box onto cardstock. Two sides fit on one sheet of paper. I left the sides a little wider than the traced lines to have a tab to adhere the pieces together.
Use double sided tape to adhere the white paper to the box. There should be a little overhang on each side. Tuck it under the edge of the other paper. This will keep the popcorn box from showing through the edge.
- 1 bag popped Popcorn (try to remove all kernels)
- 4 1/2 cups corn cereal squares
- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Choice of mix-ins: Candy Corn, peanut butter chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, pretzels, heath toffee bits
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Spray large baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix popcorn, cereal, peanuts and pretzels (optional) in a large bowl.
- Spread onto baking sheet.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once it comes to a boil, allow it to boil for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour over dry mixture and stir to coat.
- Bake 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in candies and chocolate mix-ins.
- This can be made to suit your taste. Add in whatever mix-ins you like...They all taste delicious!
Oh, and did I mention there’s a giveaway too?! Best of luck, Friends!
Check out all the other darling Popcorn Boxes and Yummy recipes…