Hi Friends! Happy Labor Day! Hope you are all enjoying the day. It’a a stormy morning and I’m just sitting here watching the storm while drinking my morning coffee. Crossing my fingers some little boys sleep in and looking forward to a day filled with relaxing with my family. Play in the pool, work on some projects, all fun-all day…
If you’ve been hanging around here for long, you know I have a soft spot for old stuff. I’m always trying to come up with ways to re-purpose the stuff we already have laying around. Today, I’m excited to share with you how we created a Monogrammed Pendant Light out of an old galvanized funnel… When we were designing our pool house, we were trying to stay on a pretty tight budget. That encouraged us to get creative with our lighting. My husband is just as bad as I am about saving items we know will have a future use…hence the cool antique funnel…He just happened to have it in the barn.
Let’s see how you can create the same look…
What you need…
- Galvanized funnel or bucket with a hole cut in the bottom
- drill and different size bits
- Pendant light kit
- Edison bulb
Let’s get started…
- Sketch your monogram onto the side of the funnel or bucket.
- Using your pencil lines as a guide, drill holes to outline the monogram.
- Leave as just an outline or fill in with random holes as desired. I had planned to leave it as just an outline, but the Mr. didn’t think it gave off enough light. This looks Awesome at night…kind of like little stars.
- Run light kit through funnel. Attach to ceiling.
- Add a cool Edison bulb.
- Enjoy a fun light fixture that’s perfect for outdoor entertaining! I’ll try to capture a good photo of it at night and update the post…It is a fun statement piece, for sure!
This project was previously shared on Sugar Bee Crafts…so much crafty inspiration in one place- go see for yourself!
Have an Amazing week!