Happy Friday! You know some of the things I LOVE most about this time of year…when the weather cools off and I have to dig out my sherpa lined slippers, burrowing deeper into my down comforter in the morning, frost covering the lawn in the morning…
and topping off a day with a bowl of comforting soup…I could eat soup every night!
Potato Soup has always been a favorite of my husband’s and this recipe is perfect for a night at home or to feed a crowd…Sometimes I make it on the stove-top for a quick and easy weeknight meal. I’ve also made it in a crock-pot for a birthday party…Delicious every time!
- 6-8 potatoes, washed, peeled, and cubed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 celery stalks, chopped
- 5 cups water with 1 tsp. bouillon per cup
- 1-2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 12oz. can evaporated milk or 12 oz. milk
- (Double for a crowd)
- In a large pot, Heat water to a boil.
- While water is heating, prep vegetables.
- Add all ingredients except milk.
- Continue cooking on med or med-low heat until potatoes are done.
- Stir in milk and heat through.
- Serve and enjoy with toppings!
- Place all ingredients except milk in crock-pot.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are done.
- Low 6-7 hours; High 3-4 hours.
- Stir in milk during last hour of cooking.
- Enjoy with all your favorite toppings!
- Evaporated milk makes a thicker consistency than regular milk, but both taste great.
- Cooking times vary with crock-pots. My crock-pot cooks very quickly, so I check the potatoes frequently. When the soup is done, I leave the crock-pot on warm.
What is your favorite soup?