Is dinnertime a crazy time at your house? It sure is at mine. We try really hard to sit down and have dinner as a family every night. But some evenings there is just not time to prepare an elaborate meal. Who am I kidding!? I can’t remember the last time I prepared an elaborate meal. I just want to have a meal on the table that everyone will eat. This recipe for Beef Stroganoff is one of my family favorites and it is SO easy to make!
I received this original recipe from a friend and over the past few years have adapted it to work for my family with fewer ingredients more commonly found in home kitchens. We love it and I’m sure you will too!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, or homemade
- 1 can condensed Beef Broth or 1 tsp bouillon with 1 c. water
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles (I use no-yolks)
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add onion and garlic and simmer a couple minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Drain grease.
- Add soup broth, water, Worcestershire, and pasta.
- Heat to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat 12-15 min. or until pasta is done, stirring occasionally.
- Add sour cream. Heat through.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
What’s your go-to easy weeknight meal?