Hello Friends and Happy Monday…also known as December 9th…my birthday…
So…Happy Birthday To ME!
Birthdays are less of a “big deal” as I get older…
I don’t have a big party or ask for anything special like I used to when I was younger…
BUT…I still like to have a Special Birthday Treat…
Like these Mini French Silk Pies…It’s okay if you are drooling. I would be too. They are my ALL TIME Favorite Birthday Treat! I have requested a French Silk Pie for my Birthday Dessert for as long as I can remember.
And my Mom always makes me an extra batch of filling to go with it. Oh, no…I do not share it…I hide it in the freezer and sneak bites when no one in my house is looking…
Nope, I don’t feel guilty about it either.
So, I finally got the recipe and made a pie for myself…
And a few to share with all of you!
- 1/2 c. butter
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 square unsweetened baking chocolate (1 oz.), melted and cooled
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. finely crushed grahams (about 1 sleeve)
- 4 T. butter, melted
- 3 T. sugar
- Cream butter and sugar thoroughly.
- Blend in cooled melted chocolate.
- Add vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating 5 minutes at medium speed after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Using a fork, combine 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs with 4 Tbsp melted butter and sugar.
- This is a crumbly crust.
- Press into bottom and sides of pie pan or a lined muffin tin with 1 T graham crust pressed into bottom of each..
- Fill with delicious chocolate filling.
- Generic brand grahams work great!
- To crush grahams, I place them in a sealed gallon size Ziploc baggie and roll over them with a rolling pin.
- If you do not have Baking Chocolate, Substitute 1 T. melted butter mixed with 3 T cocoa powder.
And…I’m sharing another Favorite Recipe over at Made to Be a Momma today! It’s a delicious Holiday Cookie You will not want to miss out on! Yum!
Happy Birthday To Me!
Other Inspiring One Krieger Chick Christmas Ideas…