Halloween Playdough Treat Bags

Hello and Happy Monday Friends!

The weather has been simply beautiful here and the leaves are just beginning to turn.  Perfect Fall weather.  We spent a lot of time playing outside this weekend, cooked hot dogs on the fire pit and visited Blake’s grandparents Tractor Barn…No complaints from our boys!

Besides having a relaxing family weekend, I did some cleaning (blah!) and decorating (yay!) and have another cute Kids idea to share with all of you…

In my son’s Kindergarten classroom, there is a child with life threatening food allergies.   I have been trying to come up with fun “treats” for August to pass out at his party that all his classmates will be able to enjoy.  They don’t need all that candy and junk anyway, right?!

So, we’ll be whipping up a few of these cuties next week…

Halloween Playdough Treat Bags...how cute to make these instead of handing out candy!

So easy and the kids will LOVE them!

I made homemade playdough using this recipe, but you could certainly use store bought playdough.

I mixed up the playdough and added food coloring to make the different colors.  Feel free to add glitter too!  Roll into balls, insert into clear cellophane bags, tie with ribbon or washi tape and draw festive faces with a permanent marker.  So cute!

These treat bags were such a huge hit, I created another version for my youngest to give away at his pre-school Halloween Party…Playdough Pumpkin Pops!

Homemade Pumpkin Playdough Pops- The perfect last minute Non-Candy Halloween treat! So much fun for kiddos!- OneKriegerChick.com-2

What are you giving away for Halloween this year?

FINAL chick signature

Sharing with…Sugarbee Crafts

Comments

• 4

onekriegerchick says

Well thank you! I just can’t imagine my child being left out and don’t want any other child to feel that way either. They were a big hit!

Happy Day!
      ~Ariean

1. 7

says

These are SOO cool! Found them through another blogger whom linked your recipe here…shhh going to use these for kids CHRISTMAS gifts from my Preschooler! Just wondering if you have the wordpress follow widget? Maybe I don’t see it….any case, new follower here! Thank you again! Can’t wait to see my LO experience this for the first time within a special snow man!

• 8

onekriegerchick says

Oh how cool…I bet they turned out darling! Very cute idea and kids always love playdough!
      So glad you stopped by!
      ~Ariean

2. 9

Stacey says

This brought tears to my eyes! I’m the mama of the food allergy kid in August’s class. The playdough bags were a huge hit–and I had no idea that my lil man was the inspiration for them. You are truly a blessing! Thank you Ariean!

• 10

onekriegerchick says

Oh Stacey, you are so sweet and are such an Amazing Momma!
      You have one lucky little boy! :)

Hope you are having a great week!
      ~Ariean

3. 11

Sarah says

I have a question for you please – I purchased some of the clear cello treat bags but my permanent sharpies aren’t permanent on them and wiping right off. What kind of markers did you use, please? thanks!

• 12

onekriegerchick says

Gosh…I made these last year, but I’m pretty sure I just used the fine point permanent Sharpie markers. Not the ultra fine tip. I bet any permanent black marker would work, though. I’m so sorry if this isn’t much help. I bet they will turn out darling! :) ~Ariean

4. 13

Stephanie says

Love this idea! Question – do you happen to know how many batches you used? One batch for each bag? Or more/less? Thanks so much for an adorable idea!

• 14

onekriegerchick says

I made one batch in each of the three colors, then divided it among 22 students. I think there was even enough left for my other son’s class of twelve. There is quite a bit in one batch. Maybe make a batch and see how much you would like to give each student? Have fun! I’m giving these away again this year too- They were such a hit!

Trackbacks