Hello Friends and Welcome to the Second Make Along Monday! This month, the challenge goes Nautical…
Nautical is a big trend right now from painted fingernails to clothing. It is also perfect for Summer Home Decor…in my Poolhouse!
We built our Poolhouse last Summer, but have yet to add any decorative finishing touches. A Nautical challenge is just what I needed!
Here’s how I created a Pottery Barn Inspired POOL Sign…
You may have seen this fun sign while flipping through a Pottery Barn magazine (see the SURF sign at the bottom of the page)…I earmarked the page and thought “That would be super cute made into a POOL sign!”
Super Cute, Easy and FREE! I had all the materials on hand.
Here’s How I Did It…
1. I started with a leftover fence slat.
2. Painted it with a light blue leftover from painting our kitchen.
3. Measured out how wide I wanted my stripes and painted them with leftover Annie Sloan chalk paint. Notice, I painted a very light coat of paint here.
4. Cut out some letters to use as a stencil.
5. Traced the letters onto the board.
6. Painted the letters with Navy acrylic paint. Finished off the look with a light sanding.
Here’s how it turned out…
The Poolhouse Decor is coming right along! Wait till you see the other nautical Decor…like my DIY Rope Anchor.
Hope you’ll join along with the Nautical themed Make Along Monday Challenge!
So excited to see what you all come up with…I’m prepared to be inspired!