DIY Entertaining Caddy {red, white & blue}

Hello Friends!

Today is a Fun day on the blog!  I’m participating in a Red, White and Blue Guest Post Series at SugarBee Crafts.  Three other projects are being showcased at the same time, so make sure to head over and check them all out!
Sugar Bee Crafts Red White Blue

If you happen to be visiting fromSugarBee Crafts, Welcome to OneKriegerChick!  Love to have you stick around a bit!

What I’d like to share with you all today is a fun way to create a summer entertaining caddy from an old toolbox.  Huh?  Just wait…It’s super cute and versatile!

Entertaining caddy from a toolbox {Onekriegerchick.com}

Last weekend, I went shopping in our grain bin and found this awesome treasure…

Antique toolbox before {Onekriegerchick.com}

Cool, right!  My immediate thought was to spray paint it and use it on the dining room table with pens, pencils, paper, etc for our daily artistic adventures (myself included.)

Then, my brain finally clicked on…and I thought this would be perfect as a Summer entertaining caddy!

The toolbox was already in really good shape…I just had to clean off a thick layer of dirt.

I then spray painted it in a glossy cream.

Added a chalkboard label.

Filled it full of those darling 100th Anniversary Ball jars…Love, Love them!  I’ve been looking for an excuse to buy some!

Added some Stars and Stripes ribbon, a few flags, some rolled napkins, and some festive paper straws…

Tool box to entertaining caddy {Onekriegerchick.com}

It’s ready for all of my Fourth of July entertaining!

But, it is not limited to Red, White & Blue…

Just think of all the parties, occasions and holidays this could be used for!

Not only is it perfect for entertaining, but I’m keeping it on the island stocked with all the meal time essentials…napkins, silverware, salt and pepper and fun straws!  My boys have no excuse not to help set the table!

Love when an unexpected {free} treasure turns into such a fun and useful piece!

So…why don’t you go on your own treasure hunt…You never know what you’ll find!

blog signature

Sharing with…Tatertots and JelloProject Inspire{d}Efforts and AssetsMake it Pretty MondayTips and TricksReal Family FunWork it WednesdayAll Things PrettyFluster Buster

Comments

• 4

onekriegerchick says

Thank you! You are better than I…I visited everyone in the series, but didn’t get as far as comments. I’m so happy you stopped by! :)
      Have a Happy Week!
      Ariean

• 6

onekriegerchick says

Thanks Leslie! It’s just how my brain works…I’m always repurposing stuff! Sometimes my projects turn out better than others, though!

• 8

onekriegerchick says

Thank you! Love to see how you outfit yours…It has turned out to be super handy.
      So happy you stopped by!
      Ariean

• 10

onekriegerchick says

Thank you! Love to see how you outfit yours! I spent a lot of time on your blog today…We have chickens too and I love how you decorated your run! Super cute!
      ~Ariean

• 12

onekriegerchick says

Thank you! I am loving it more each time I outfit it for different occasions. Love to see what you do with yours!
      So happy you stopped by!
      Ariean

• 14

onekriegerchick says

Thank you! It’s turning out to be pretty handy…I’ve redecorated it twice now for other events! If you come across an old toolbox, definitely snag it!
      So glad you stopped by!
      Ariean

1. 15

says

I just linked your adorable entertaining caddy up on my blog as a way to use toolboxes….Love it!!!!
    Jamie | andersonandgrant.blogspot.com

• 17

onekriegerchick says

Thank you! So happy you stopped by! The caddy really is coming in handy and is cute decorated with other themes.
      Have a Happy Day!
      ~Ariean

• 19

onekriegerchick says

Thanks! I’m so glad you stopped by…I didn’t have a chance to link up, but I will next time. Thanks for the invite!
      Have a Happy Day!
      ~Ariean

• 21

onekriegerchick says

Thanks so much! You are so right! I used it with a yellow and turquoise combo and it looked awesome!
      Have a great week!
      ~Ariean

2. 22

says

Gorgeous! I’m featuring you tonight in my Project Inspire[d] Features and linky party post! Hope you’ll swing by to see it and share more of your fab creativity! Party starts at 8 pm EST!!

• 23

onekriegerchick says

Thanks so much for featuring my Caddy! I visited and linked up…Lots of great ideas!
      Have a Fun week!
      ~Ariean

• 25

onekriegerchick says

Thanks! I am loving it for entertaining…even makes paper plates look cute! Thanks for stopping by and for hosting a great party!
      Have a Happy Day!
      ~Ariean

3. 26

Betty819 says

I love your Entertaining Caddy..I want to build my one..Would I be imposing on you to provide measurements of this Caddy? So many bloggers have picked up on this caddy..which looks like a carpenter’s tool box that my own Father had but his was very large. This caddy, as you call it can be used in so many ways for so many things. It is so unique! I love your blog, just found it by way of Pinterest just now. You know Pinterest is addictive!

• 27

onekriegerchick says

Yay! So glad you found me! I’ll take measurements today and let you know. I actually have another that is slightly larger…I’ll measure both so you’ll have options.

Trackbacks